Preparing Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 pieces of skinless Kılıç Bream Fillets
- 2 glasses of white rice
- 25 gr butter
- 25 gr oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teacupful of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (Indian saffron)
- 3 glasses of hot water
How to make
- Wash the rice and place it into a bowl. Fill with water until the rice is immersed and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the fish fillets into finger thick strips.
- Put the butter and oil into the pilaf pot and heat. Add diced onion and peas and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the fish meat and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the washed rice. Add salt and saffron and fry for a couple of minute while mixing with wooden spoon. Take care to keep fish strips whole.
- Add 3 glasses of hot water and leave the pot to cook on low heat without mixing until all boil down. When the dish boils down, mix the pilaf a couple of times and leave it to rest under a closed lid for about 20 min. Serve hot.